No one should have to suffer due to medical malpractice, but it happens all too often. Standing up to big hospitals in malpractice lawsuits can be daunting and intimidating. However, with the help of experienced malpractice lawyers, injured patients can stand up for their rights and have a chance to receive justice. At Granite Law Group, we have a successful track record going up against major hospitals and their networks in malpractice cases. Granite Law’s experienced attorneys can handle a wide range of malpractice claims, including negligence, misdiagnosis, surgical errors, and more. We are dedicated to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve.
A Deep Dive Into Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Medical malpractice is a type of professional negligence that can result in serious injury, illness, or death to patients. It can also take many forms. Common types of medical malpractice include surgical errors, misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis, failure to diagnose, birth injury, prescription errors, emergency room treatment errors, and hospital negligence. Let’s dive into the specifics of each medical malpractice suit we represent.
- Surgical errors are common malpractice injuries caused by mistakes made during a surgical procedure that could have been avoided through proper training, protocol, and execution.
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis occurs when a diagnosis is correct but did not occur in a timely manner, as seen often in emergency medicine when face-to-face time is minimal and physicians are unaware of the patient’s history.
- Failure to diagnose is a form of medical malpractice in which a doctor fails to determine the nature of a medical problem.
- Birth injury refers to an injury or condition caused by medical negligence during childbirth or pregnancy, often caused by preventable medical errors made by doctors or other healthcare professionals.
- Prescription or medication errors occur when a patient is given the wrong medication or the wrong dosage of medication. When a preventable event causes or leads to inappropriate medication use or patient harm while the drug is controlled by the healthcare professional, patient, or consumer.
- Emergency room treatment errors involve a breach of the patient’s standard of care. Malpractice in emergency room errors constitutes the same elements as standard malpractice.
- Hospital negligence is medical malpractice that occurs when a doctor, healthcare professional, hospital, or other healthcare facility fails to care for someone according to the medical profession’s accepted standards, and the person is injured, becomes ill, or has a condition or illness that worsens as a result.
The above situations highlight the severity of medical malpractice, so it is imperative to seek representation if any of these events occur.
Choose an Attorney with Justice in Mind
When you have been the victim of medical malpractice, finding a great attorney who can provide skilled legal guidance and help you seek the justice you deserve is paramount. An experienced lawyer will be able to assess your case, advise you on the best course of action, and represent you in court proceedings. It is also essential to choose an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice law.
At the Granite Law Group, we understand that medical malpractice lawsuits can be complex and intimidating. That is why we provide personalized legal representation that is tailored to fit the unique needs of each client. Our team of attorneys has decades of experience handling medical malpractice cases and a deep understanding of the complexities of New Hampshire law. We are dedicated to helping you seek restitution for the negligence or misconduct of doctors and other medical professionals. We strive to provide the highest level of service possible, listen to your story, understand your situation, and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
When you place your trust in a doctor or medical professional, and that trust is violated, do not hesitate to call on us. Let our medical malpractice lawyers use their experience and knowledge to fight for your rights. Contact the Granite Law Group today at (603) 883-4100 and get started on your path toward justice.
Fill out the form or call us at (603) 883-4100 to schedule your free consultation.